There is a great deal of concern, even fear, (some might call it paranoia) among many constitutionalists and libertarians who believe the government is planning to use martial law and military force against the civilian population.
Those concerns and fears came closer to reality in 2002 when USNORTHCOM (U.S. Northern Command) became operational. The official NORTHCOM website says it’s “civil support mission includes domestic disaster relief operations that occur during fires, hurricanes, floods and earthquakes. Support also includes counter-drug operations and managing the consequences of a terrorist event employing a weapon of mass destruction. The command provides assistance to a Primary Agency when tasked by DOD. Per the Posse Comitatus Act, military forces can provide civil support, but cannot become directly involved in law enforcement.”
The easiest way to navigate this site is to visit the TABLE OF CONTENTS. There you will find brief descriptions and links to all my writings. OLDTIMEYMAN
Three years later, the mission of NORTHCOM apparently changed from benign to aggressive. A September 8 Army Times report stated that active duty troops from the 3rd Infantry Division’s 1st Brigade Combat Team returning from Iraq would be on call as a “federal response force for natural or manmade emergencies and disasters, including terrorist attacks,” for a period of 12 months from October 1st.
U.S. Army and cops - in bed together?
The purpose of the unit’s patrols, according to the article, includes helping “with civil unrest and crowd control or to deal with potentially horrific scenarios such as massive poisoning and chaos in response to a chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear or high-yield explosive, or CBRNE, attack.”
At least, that’s the stated plan.
Imagine if you will, everyday Americans facing our own combat-hardened troops armed with state-of-the-art weapons and communications. The fears have only gotten worse with consistent reports of dozens of civilian interment camps under the control of the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA).
However, Democracy Now’s Amy Goodman was told by Air Force Lt. Col. Jamie Goodpaster, a public affairs officer for Northern Command, that “Military forces would have weapons on-site, “containerized,” she said — that is, stored in containers — including both lethal and so-called nonlethal weapons. They would have mostly wheeled vehicles, but would also, she said, have access to tanks. She said that use of weapons would be made at a higher level, perhaps at the secretary of defense level.”
Ironically, the historical record shows that civilian concerns and fears of military intervention in civil law are fully justified and may be more dire that even the most die-hard believers think. Maybe there really is a conspiracy to destroy America.
Presidential candidate Congressman Ron Paul has added his voice to the chorus of warnings about the possible breakdown of “law and order” and an ensuing federal power grab of unprecedented magnitude.
We're from the government and we're here for your guns.
In a Sept. 1, 2011 article on PrisonPlanet.com, it was revealed, “They’re planning for any provision,” Paul told the Alex Jones Show.
“You can have a breakdown of law and order so the people will unfortunately be begging for stabilization, and they’ll be inviting the federal government to come in and destabilize(sic) things, so I think they’re making plans along those lines,” said the Texas Congressman.
Responding to a question about whether such preparations were about a power grab on behalf of the federal government, Paul responded, “That’s their goal, it’s all about power.”
When pressed who “they” were, Paul named the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), who have come in for harsh criticism from the Congressman in the aftermath of Hurricane Irene. SOURCE
Political commentators like pollster Pat Caddell have warned that many Americans are now “pre-revolutionary”.
St. Charles St. New Orleans
As Goodman writes in an editorial for the Seattle Post-Intelligencer, “Talk of trouble on U.S. streets is omnipresent now, with the juxtaposition of Wall Street and Main Street. The financial crisis we face remains obscure to most people; titans of business and government officials assure us that the financial system is “on the brink,” that a massive bailout is necessary, immediately, to prevent a disaster. Conservative and progressive members of Congress, at the insistence of constituents, blocked the initial plan. If the economy does collapse, if people can’t go down to the bank to withdraw their savings, or get cash from an ATM, there may be serious “civil unrest,” and the “sea-smurfs**” may be called upon sooner than we imagine to assist with “crowd control.”
**Chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear or high-yield explosive Consequence Management Response Force. Its acronym, CCMRF, is pronounced “sea-smurf.”
The use of U.S. troops in law enforcment duties is a complete violation of the Posse Comitatus Act and the Insurrection Act, which substantially limit the powers of the federal government to use the military for law enforcement unless under precise and extreme circumstances.
Is it a cop in SWAT gear or a U.S. soldier in violation of Posse Comitatus?
IS IT A COP IN SWAT GEAR OR A SOLDIER?
Section 1385 of the Posse Comitatus Act states, “Whoever, except in cases and under circumstances expressly authorized by the Constitution or Act of Congress, willfully uses any part of the Army or the Air Force as a posse comitatus or otherwise to execute the laws shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than two years, or both.”
Under the John Warner Defense Authorization Act, signed by President Bush on October 17, 2006, the law was changed to state, “The President may employ the armed forces to restore public order in any State of the United States the President determines hinders the execution of laws or deprives people of a right, privilege, immunity, or protection named in the Constitution and secured by law or opposes or obstructs the execution of the laws of the United States or impedes the course of justice under those laws.”
However, these changes were repealed in their entirety by HR 4986: National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2008, reverting back to the original state of the Insurrection Act of 1807. Despite this repeal, President Bush attached a signing statement saying that he did not feel bound by the repeal.
A big question and red flag to me is this: If NorthCom is tasked with counter-drug operations, why aren’t they on the border with Mexico? Why haven’t they sealed that border against illegal aliens and the flood of illegal drugs, kidnap, disease and murder that follows in the wake of illegal immigration?
NorthCom commanders assure us they are only there to help local law enforcement, but let’s see what has happened in the past.
One of the tanks used in the attack on Branch Davidians in Waco.
On several notable occasions federal troops or National Guard while under the control of the federal government were used as a police force in violation of Posse Comitatus.
* The Great Railroad Strike of 1877 – National Guard and State Militia and finally, regular Army troops were used. In Maryland there were violent street battles between the striking workers and the Maryland militia. When the outnumbered troops of the 6th (Militia) Regiment fired on an attacking crowd, they killed 10 and wounded 25 civilians. On July 21–22, the President sent federal troops and Marines to Baltimore to restore order. In St. Louis the strike … ended when some 3,000 federal troops and 5,000 deputized special police killed at least 18 people.
* In 1894 President Grover Cleveland sent the Army to quell a rebellion by striking Pullman workers. Thirteen strikers were killed by the soldiers; union activist and socialist Eugene Debs went to jail because he refused to call a halt to the American Railway Workers’ strike in Chicago.
* Sept. 24, 1957 – The Mayor of Little Rock, Ark., asked President Eisenhower to send federal troops to enforce integration and protect nine black students. The President ordered the 101st Airborne Division of the United States Army to Little Rock and federalized the entire 10,000 member Arkansas National Guard, taking it out of the hands of Governor Orval Faubus.
* Spring of 1993 at the Branch Davidian Compound at Waco, Texas. Eighty-eight civilians and 4 ATF agents were killed including 21 children. The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms (ATF) had received a warrant to search the Branch Davidian property for the alleged existence and operation of a methamphetamine laboratory and other illegal drugs and related material. Fearing difficulty and danger in serving the warrant and conducting the search, ATF requested assistance from military counter-drug units. The Pentagon reported that three special-forces officers from the Delta Force were present, but only as passive observers.
WHO CAN FORGET THIS IMAGE OF ARMED FEDERAL ATF POLICE KIDNAPPING LITTLE ELIAN GONZALES FOR DEPORTATION TO CASTRO’S CUBA?
Also at Waco, units of the Texas National Guard, US Army, Alabama National Guard and US Air Force provided services and equipment, according to a government website. Included in the equipment were helicopters and “unarmed tactical ground vehicles.” In plain English, and as shown in photographs, those ground vehicles were tanks equipped with battering ram-type rods used to insert explosive/flammable C/S tear gas.
* Hurricane Katrina struck New Orleans and the Gulf Coast on August, 29, 2005. National Guard units under both state and federal control combined with mercenaries from Blackwater and both state and local police. All failed miserably in their obligation to protect civilians and in many cases, added to their misery.
Blackwater mercenary troops in New Orleans
Coupled with illegal, unconstitutional and treasonous searches and seizure of guns from law-abiding citizens, it showed beyond any reasonable doubt why citizens should remain armed and vigilant. Katrina also illustrated the truth behind the cliché; I’m from the government and I’m here to help.”
The following videos will illustrate the truthfulness of what I’ve written here.
ILLEGAL GUN SEIZURES IN NEW ORLEANS AFTER KATRINA
GUARD TOLD TO SEIZE GUNS OR SHOOT AMERICANS
URGENT ! A soldiers message to all americans ..
PREPARING FOR MARTIAL LAW
HOW CLOSE ARE WE TO MARTIAL LAW?